This undergraduate academic certificate requires 12 hours of advanced Spanish, including:
Two courses in professional Spanish chosen from:
- SPAN 3510 - Spanish for Law Enforcement
- SPAN 3520 - Spanish for Social Services
- SPAN 3530 - Spanish for Hotel and Restaurant Management
- SPAN 3540 - Spanish for Travel and Tourism
- SPAN 3550 - Spanish for the Medical Professions I
- SPAN 3560 - Spanish for the Medical Professions II
- SPAN 3570 - Spanish in the Bilingual Classroom
- SPAN 4040 - Spanish Writing for the Mass Media Professions
- SPAN 4080 - Business Spanish
Two other Spanish courses at the 3000 or 4000 level.
Notify the academic advisor of your major once you have completed the coursework, so they can list the certificate on your transcript.
*All courses MUST be completed at UNT. Transfer courses will NOT count towards the certificate*
To obtain the certificate, you will need to fill out the Undergraduate Academic Certificate Completion Form (available in the Department of Spanish office in LANG 101) and take it to GAB 220. Upon completion of the coursework, the Academic Advising Office of the college will process the certificate and mail it to you.
For more information about our Certificate in Professional Spanish, contat:
Dr. Emily Thurman
Spanish Undergraduate Advisor
Office: LANG 106A