Through the generosity of several donors, as well as revenues from our ¡Muévanse!: Professional Development for Teachers of Spanish event, we are delighted to be able to offer a variety of scholarships to our students. This page will be updated with a submission date, and the call for applications will be announced in all of our classes and on this website, as well as other venues.
Scholarship applications are collected around February/March of the Spring semester for the following academic year. All applications are carefully reviewed by the departmental Executive Committee, and scholarships are awarded by the end of the Spring semester. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered.
If you have any questions about scholarships in the Department of Spanish, please contact our main office.
ALL 2023/2024 DEPARTMENT OF SPANISH SCHOLARSHIPS HAVE BEEN AWARDED
- Edist/Solveig Olsen Endowed Scholarship
- Martha & Voncile Liddell Endowed Scholarship
- Dept. of Spanish Undergraduate Student General Scholarship
- Dept. of Spanish Graduate Student General Scholarship
- Spanish Scholarship- Cordoba, Argentina- provides partial scholarships for students wishing to take a Spanish course at ABLE Spanish School in Cordoba, Argentina.
- Center for Cross-Cultural Studies - provides up to $1500 for students studying in a Spanish Studies Abroad program in Spain, Argentina, Puerto Rico or Cuba.
- LIVFund Scholarship - provides $500 for students wishing to study, volunteer or intern in Latin America.
- North American Culture and Language Assistants in Spain - for students wishing to teach English in Spain. Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree at the time appointment starts. Applicants must be a US or Canadian citizen whose first language is English or French.