Through the generosity of several donors, as well as revenues from our ¡Muévanse!: Professional Development for Teachers of Spanish event, we are delighted to be able to offer a variety of scholarships to our students. This page will be updated with a submission date, and the call for applications will be announced in all of our classes, on this website as well as other venues.
Scholarship applications are collected around mid-February of the semester prior to the Fall and/or Spring for which the scholarships are awarded. All applications are carefully reviewed by the departmental Executive Committee, and scholarships are awarded by the end of March of the Spring semester. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
If you have any questions about scholarships in the Department of Spanish, please contact our main office at 940-565-2404.
Send complete scholarship applications as a single PDF file to Ms. Nancy Bouchard at email@example.com by Friday, February 12, 2021 at 5 p.m.
- Edist/Solveig Olson Endowed Scholarship
- Smith-Dannelly Spanish Endowed Scholarship
- M.M. McCarty Scholarship
- Undergraduate Student General Scholarship
- Graduate Student General Scholarship
- Spanish Scholarship- Cordoba, Argentina- provides partial scholarships for students wishing to take a Spanish course at ABEL Spanish School in Cordoba, Argentina.
- Center for Cross-Cultural Studies - provides up to $1500 for students studying in a Spanish Studies Abroad program in Spain, Argentina, Puerto Rico or Cuba.
- LIVFund Scholarship - provides $500 for students wishing to study, volunteer or intern in Latin America.
- North American Culture and Language Assistants in Spain - provides up to €1000 per month for 8 months (October-May) for students wishing to teach English in Spain. Applicants must hold a bachelor's degree at the time appointment starts. Applicants must be a US or Canadian citizen whose first language is English or French.