In-person placement tests are walk-in and held in the Language Building, room 106.
To register for a remote test, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Testing date
- EUID (e.g. abc1234)
- 8-digit UNT ID number
- Tuesday, August 30 2pm-4pm (In-person)
- Friday, September 2 10am-12pm (Remote)
- Wednesday, September 14 2pm-4pm (In-person)
- Thursday, September 22 2pm-4pm (Remote)
- Monday, October 3 2pm-4pm (In-person)
- Friday, October 14 2pm-4pm (Remote)
- Thursday, October 27 10am-12pm (Remote)
- Thursday, November 3 2pm-4pm (In-person)
- Wednesday, November 9 10am-12pm (Remote)
- Tuesday, November 15 2pm-4pm (Remote)
Please read the following remote testing information carefully:
- The Spanish placement exam cannot be taken on a Chromebook laptop, tablet, or mobile phone. It must be taken on a PC or Mac laptop/desktop computer with a webcam.
- LockDown Browser will have to be installed on the computer first to access the exam; download it here for free: https://online.unt.edu/canvas-basics-unt-students
- The student's UNT ID card or driver's license must be available to show when prompted by LockDown Browser.
- The student must be alone in a room with no distractions or help from anyone.
- No accessories may be used, including pen/pencil & paper, dictionaries, Spanish textbooks, etc.
- The student's desk area must be clear of any unnecessary objects.
- The student may not get up during the exam for any reason.
- The exam can only be taken once and in one sitting. If the student exits the exam before finishing it, she/he will not be able to re-take it.
- If any cheating is detected via LockDown Browser, the student will forfeit the exam and be placed in Spanish 1010, and/or be reported to the Dean of Students.
- There is no time limit to take the exam.
- All exam results are final.
If you are hearing-impaired, let us know so we can provide you with the appropriate exam. The exam is accessible to visually-impaired students. However, consult the LockDown Browser webpage to ensure you will have access to the exam: http://support.respondus.com/support/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/187/0/is-lockdownbrowser-accessible-to-those-with-disabilities